Welcome to Unity in Milwaukee
We live in a time of uncertainty and change. In addition, many of us are going through challenges in our personal lives: physical or emotional health, careers, relationships, finances. For many of us the religion taught to us as children no longer fits our lives, so we begin to search for something that does speak to us spiritually. We read books, take classes and seek out spiritual teachers. For many of us, the Law of Attraction makes sense: “Thoughts held in mind produce after their kind.” Ultimately, we are yearning for spiritual fulfillment.
A Positive Path for Spiritual Living
Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus and the power of prayer. We enjoy exploring teachings from Christianity, Buddhism, Taoism and more. Unity honors the universal truths in all religions and respects each individual’s right to choose a spiritual path.
Unity Churches offer people a safe place to explore their own spirituality and practical guidelines. Unity is best known for The Daily Word and the Silent Unity Prayer hotline. Unity is a Christian denomination with a New Thought /Law of Attraction emphasis.
Like many traditional churches, Unity Church in Milwaukee has a Sunday service that includes music, prayer, and a lesson. After the service, we have a coffee hour where we connect with each other and often chat about our own spiritual journeys.
Our Vision Statement
To practice daily Jesus’ teaching of compassion and non-judgment. We emphasis the practical application of spiritual principles to make your life richer, healthier and more peaceful.
What We Believe
Wherever you are on your spiritual path you are most welcome here!
Like most Unity Churches, we teach the following five principles:
- There is only one Presence and one Power active in the universe and in my life—God the Good.
- Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence, called the Christ, was fully expressed in Jesus.
- We are co-creators with God, creating reality through thoughts held in mind.
- Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God. Denials and affirmations are tools we use.
- Through thoughts, words and actions, we live the Truth we know.
All of our events and services are open to the public. To see about our upcoming events, go to our Events page.
During the summer, we will have a labyrinth set up. You can walk it Monday through Thursday, by appointment or on Sundays after service until 1 p.m. For more information or make an appointment, call the office at 414-475-0105.
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Unity Church In Milwaukee whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com
To use Amazon Smiles click here