This list gives information about our upcoming events. If you would like to see a flyer with a more in-depth description of any event, click on the thumbnail. You are welcome to print any of the flyers and share them. If you would like to see our past events in calendar format, please visit our Calendar
NOVEMBER is the time of gratitude and Thanksgiving at Unity Center in Milwaukee. Since the entire month celebrates gratitude, there will not be a special Thanksgiving service.
Unity Center in Milwaukee is pleased to announce music lessons this fall. Music plays an integral role in helping children learn, and may help brain function in older adults. Unity Academy of Fine Arts offers piano, violin, guitar, voice, and harp lessons. Group piano will be offered in the spring. If you are interested in enrolling at the Unity Academy of Fine Arts, please contact Mary Radspinner at 414-367-8470.
NOVEMBER EVENTS (All events are open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Also, you need not attend all of the sessions nor have attended a previous one in the series to attend one or more this month, unless otherwise indicated.)
- Book Signing: Sunday, November 5, 2017, 11:30 AM. Hypnotherapist Heddy Keith, has written a new book: Through It All, The men I Chose to Love and the Lessons Learned. Rev. Mari had an opportunity to read the first few chapters of the book in galley form, and came away excited to read the whole work. Heddy will be reading excerpts from the book, and will sign your copy.
- Yoga class with Mary Galati: Saturday (first and third Saturdays each month), Nov. 4 and 18, 9 AM: Wear comfortable clothing, bring a yoga mat, or a beach towel. Chairs are provided for those who prefer or cannot use the floor. Cost: $7.50 per session. (See flyer.)
- Mindfulness Meditation: second and fourth Saturdays, Nov. 11 and 25, 9-10:30 AM. Facilitated by Cornelia Beilke, who has been teaching this technique of meditation at Wisconsin Athletic Club for over a year. Mindfulness Meditation is based on the teachings of Vietnamese Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh. A love offering will be accepted.
- Minister’s book study: Thursdays, Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30, 9:15-10:45 AM. This is an open discussion group facilitated by Rev. Mari Gabrielson. Currently discussing The Untethered Soul, The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer. All are invited. Free. There is no timeline for completing the book as discussion includes how the readings equate to everyday living and allows participants to share their own experiences. Although the book changes periodically, the minister’s book study continues throughout the year, except holidays.
- Silent Unity Prayer Circle: Thursdays,Thursdays, Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30, 11-11:20 AM. This prayer time coincides with the prayer time at World Headquarters Silent Unity where prayer partners are praying 24/7/365. This is a powerful time to join us in prayer no matter what denomination or spiritual belief and continues throughout the year, except holidays.
- 12 Powers of Man (continuing class, but all sessions are open): Sundays, Nov. 5 and 19, 7:30-9:15 AM, and Saturday, Nov. 11, 9-10:30 a.m. This is a classic teaching by Unity’s co-founder, Charles Fillmore. Facilitated by Rev. Brian Griffin. A love offering will be accepted.
- Citizens Climate Lobby: Saturday, Nov. 11 (and each second Saturdays), 1:30 PM, in the Wedding Suite. This is a non-partisan group dedicated to finding effective ways to preserving and protecting our planet from further climate change.
- “Simple Pleasures, Big Ideas; A Conversation on the Science of Happiness”: Sunday, Nov. 20, noon-2 PM. Facilitated by laffologist Michael Robichaud. This time of year many find it difficult to navigate the holidays without sadness and depression. This workshop will provide ideas, solutions and methods to maintain a happier outlook. Michael is a trainer with Hapacus, a locally grown international company, working with top researchers to share the ongoing science of well-being. Suggested donation is $25; no one will be turned away due to lack of green energy.
- Coloring and Crafting Club: Sunday, Nov. 12 (and each second Sunday), noon, Fireside Room. Bring your coloring or crafting supplies or use some of our supplies and join like-minded people in this free event. This is a quiet time of fellowship and creative expression.
- Essential Oils: Tuesday, Nov. 14, 6:60-8 PM. Facilitated by Kait McDullough
- A.R.E. Edgar Casey group: Saturday, Nov. 18, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Contact Kevin Reger or details and to register: 262-547-3262.
- Bake Sale & Candied Apples: Sunday, Nov. 19, following celebration. Get your homemade holiday treats for Thanksgiving here.
- Shamanic Journey and Drumming Circle: Sunday, Nov. 19 (and third Sunday of each month), 11:45 AM, in large classroom. Led by Dennis Clark. Please bring your drum or use one of ours. Suggested donation: $10 but no one turned away for lack of funds.
- Caravan of Remembering Book Club: Nov. 21 (and third Tuesday of each month until the book is finished), 6:30-8 PM. Sandra Zwirlein facilitates this group as together we discover and empower our personal life mission’s work. A love offering is accepted.
- Friendship and Potluck: Sunday, Nov. 26 (and last Sunday of each month), following service. Bring a dish to share with the community and join the fellowship while breaking break together.
- Wonder Spirit Wednesday: Wednesday, Nov. 29, 11 AM-1 PM. Topic: “Harvest, Transition and Changing (Life) Transitions.” Energy exchange: $10.
- A Course in Miracles: Sundays, Nov. 5, 12, 19, and 26 (and most Sundays), noon-2 PM, in Wedding Suite
• CHRISTMAS CANDLELIGHTING SERVICES: Saturday, Dec. 23, 5:00 PM, AND Sunday, Dec. 24 at 5:00 PM. (NOTE: There will not be a Sunday morning service on Dec. 24; the candlelight service will be the only service that day.) These beautiful candlelighting services are family oriented and include special musical gifts of harpists, Kim Robertson and Mary Radspinner. Katie Gorton will be our vocalist on Dec. 24. Other musicians for Dec. 23 TBA.
• BURNING BOWL CEREMONY: Sunday, Dec. 31, during 10 AM service. This is the ceremony where we write out all the things that we do not want to carry with us into the New Year. Then we burn the lists. In past years we have used flash paper, however, folks said there was not enough room to write out all their “stuff.” So this year we will have a burning fire outside on the south side of the building (facing Milwaukee Street) so you really can release ALL your “stuff.” After the Burning Bowl ceremony, we will have an opportunity to write our Letters to God. These letters are our personal covenant with God to do our part in co-creating our dreams and goals for the New Year. The letters are each addressed to the writer, and are mailed back to each writer mid-year. This gives each person the opportunity to see how they are doing in accomplishing their desires.
• WHITE STONE SUNDAY: JAN. 7, during 10 AM service. Traditionally, this service is in alignment with the scripture from Revelation in which we “hear” God telling us that he will give us a new name. Metaphysically, we know that name refers to nature – or character traits. We are given time in meditation to reflect, and to pay attention to any guidance we may receive on the direction for our spiritual journey. Often during this time we are given an aspect to strengthen or something new to focus on. This is our ‘new name.’ Then we write our new name on a white stone to keep as a reminder of what we want to be focusing our attention and energy on during the coming year. Often people will receive more than one new name – good thing there is more than one side to your stone.
• DREAMS AND THEIR MEANING PLAY SHOP with Kevin Reger: Sunday, Jan. 14, following fellowship, 11:45 AM (ish). Kevin will help us with techniques to remember our dreams, and then to figure out what they mean to us, how they can help us. Suggested love offering is $20, although no one excluded due to shortage in green energy.
RECURRING MONTHLY EVENTS
- Sundays (by appointment before or after service), Energy Healing in 15-minute intervals in the Wedding Suite
- Sundays, 9:15 AM, Prayer Circle in the Library
- Sundays, 10 AM, Worship Service in Chapel
- Sundays, during service: Child care for children under age 5.
- Sundays, during service: Youth Education. Children age 5-14 come with their parents to the Chapel for the beginning of the service and then are led to the classroom for a special instruction time. The children come back at the end of the service and share what they have learned with the rest of the congregation and then join in the Peace circle to close the service
- Sundays, after service, fellowship
- Sunday, noon-2 PM, A Course in Miracles
- Sundays, after service, Prayer Chaplains available for individual prayer
- Second Sunday of the month, after fellowship (begins at approximately 11:45 AM): Free coloring and crafting club. A limited number of books and supplies may be available for sale for working at home.
- Third Sunday of the month, after fellowship (begins at approximately 11:45 AM): Shamanic journey and drumming. Suggested donation: $10 per session.
- Fourth Sunday of the month, after service: Friendship Sunday and potluck.
- Third Tuesday, 6:30-8 PM: Caravan of Remembering book study, love ofering
- Fourth Wednesday (September, October, November): Wonder Spirit Wednesday, 11 AM-1 PM, $10
- Thursdays, 9:15-10:45 AM: Minister’s book study. Book changes periodically. Free.
- Thursdays, 11 AM: Silent Unity Prayer Service. This is a time to bring your healing and other prayer requests to a circle of sacred time dedicated to prayer.
- First and third Saturdays of the month at 9 AM: Yoga with Mary Galati, $15/mo.
- Second and fourth Saturdays of the month at 9 AM: Mindfulness training. Love offering.